Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

What should I get...

ewenm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely, definitely get the four point harnesses - and then as a present to yourself upgrade them to 6 points. 😬

Joking aside, we had 3 points in Sumy but had them swapped when she was put back together after the stupid BMW driving bint drove into us *mad* ...you feel a lot safer with the harnesses. I often drive in a skirt *eek* and so only use 4 points and I find that I move around a lot more than if I use all 6 points...

It feels like a proper sports car with harnesses as well 😬

*wink*

Rach

Next question would be where to get the harnesses from 🤔 Obviously Caterham Cars is a good bet, but is there a better/cheaper place 🤔

I don't find I do much driving in a skirt, but could see the problems with a 6-point in that situation 😳 😬

69500 miles and counting...

Just having a perusal of the DT website - there's so many brands of harness, how to choose 🤔 I know, wait for Alex to get back and Rach can tell me what brand and where she got the ones for Sumy *idea*

69500 miles and counting...

If you go to page 110 of the Anne Summers ... I mean Demon Tweeks Motorsport catalogue you will see the Caterham Pro harnesses made by LUKE. I have them and then added the crotch strap.

The best thing I ever bought for the car was those harnesses...

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

I agree! I have a non FIA 4 point on the drivers side and it's much better than the 3 point on the other side. It makes you want to go much faster *smile* - until you see your 3 point passenger being thrown around like a rag doll though 😳

Mine certainly kept me all snuggly safe when I was off-roading in France *eek*

If I was keeping the 21, I'd put the non FIA 4 point on the passenger side, and get a 6 point FIA LUKE one for my side. Of all the ones I have tried, I like the Luke ones the best - they seem to fit better than the Willans ones and they seem easier to do up as well.

Honda Passion Orange, 640kg *eek*, and proud of it *smile*

ah yes, the aeroscreen - we definitely need half doors - apart from that it isn't too bad...I can see over half of it *eek* 😳 ☹️

I think Alex has done it as an excuse so that I can't drive the car any more, it cuts completely across my line of vision...but I don't really see that as a problem 😬