Click here if you are having website access problems ×

box of frogs

dave hard

As in "mad as a box of frogs"

I am lucky enough to possess a pond and healthy frog population in my garden, and so wondered if it would be possible to test the accuracy of this expression *confused*

The outstanding issues are:

what size box do I need 🤔

how many frogs 🤔

what age/size of frogs 🤔

duration of the test 🤔

Obviously I will need a control group to do a before and after comparison. Where can I keep this group as a box is out of the question. What does a frog corral look like *confused*

All this needs to be done in the most humane way. What is the frog equivalent of the word humane 🤔

I know that the shedders will have a selection of useful ideas and comments 😬

(Ifelt that this was an easier experiemnt to carry out than one involving fish on a bicycle)

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take flour and mix spices in, then use beer that has sat open and lost it's head (1-2 hours) and mix to a fairly thick liqour. dip suitable stuff to be fried in water, then flour, then mixture. works great. large prawns done this way are BTW ab fab

Steve B

Faster than the Speed of Dark Join us on the USA 2005 tour......HERE

Edited by - Steve-B on 20 Aug 2003 14:47:44

• Area Representative

You're all being silly . . . as a box of kites *wink*

Where do these strange metaphors come from?

Personally I've never felt akin to a newt or a rat's bottom while under the influence of alcohol *confused*

Richard []=*(#7#)*=[] b-r-a-a-a-a-r-p!

Visit the North Kent Area here

mmmm frogs eh..

we had a frog once, it was about 5 years ago or so I suppose, anyway it lived in our small garden, in the pebble pool thing, we called him Albert. About a month after we'd noticed Albert we found him, dead, in the bushes, poor thing. Now in those days my wife wasn't working and we had two small children, 4 and 5 years old and obviously money was, to say the least, tight. Toys wern't something we bought often and the lad, the younger, was getting fed up of the hand me down barbies with their breasts filed off, their hair cut short and a bit of mascara as camolflauge applied to their faces, masquerading as action men. As his birthday was looming It was decided to make some further use of Albert, on the eve of his birthday I krept down to the fridge and took the still, cold body of Albert out of his cryogenic tomb (tupperware) and slipped down to the shed, with judicious use of my cordless drill I drilled 2 2mm holes down behind the head about 4mm apart, into these I inserted the stripped ends of the telephone cable I had been keeping for a rainy day, I then wired these into an old doorbell push I had picked up at the landfill whilst foreging for food, the other end of the 2m long cable was connected to a normal domestic plug (13amp fuse). He was happy for hours, playing with Albert, all he needed to do was plug him in and press the button, he jumped, boy did he jump all over the place, it was amazing, and when Albert jumped his mouth would open, his tongue would come out, and sometimes, if you aimed him well enough, you could get him to stick to the windows and stuff.... things were fine for about a week, till his head came off... how we laughed as the little green head flew accross the kitchen..... the lad cryed of course, it wasn't the same after that.

You're very cruel all of you, I'm just misunderstood, I tried to be liked in techtalk, but they didn't appreciate me, then I tried to make freinds with the gogs upstairs but they didn't understand, so I thought I'd see if I could make freinds in the bugs section, but miss mav was a 'gog' on me, now I thought you lot were different, but your not are you, your meen and crewl and you're going to tell arn't you?, I'm not going back, not ever, not to THAT place, the one with the lemons, never never never..........