Click here if you are having website access problems ×

13" Dymags 7"s and 8"s

V7 SLR

Interested in buying a set of Dymag wheels. If you have some in 13" x 7" (pair) and 13" x 8" (pair) please get in touch... even ifyou don't want to sell them. I'm interested in how much you paid and which style. The ones I like I've only seen in 15" yet they apparently used to supply Caterham although I'm less inspired by that design.

Dymags for Caterhams

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Mike Bee had some 15 inch ones. Some of the JPE's came with them as standard but not sure if these were 13 inch or 15 inch.

I was offered some second hand a few years ago but when I went to see them they were off allegedly off some kind of Renault based single seater and had been redrilled to change the PCD, fairly nastily too, walked away.

If it's just cast magnesium wheels you're after in general then TechDel will make you some one off lightweight special magnesium minilights if you're OK with that style of wheel.

But the dymags are nice......

Think Mike's are 15's because he had a better option of tyres for his class.

It's not necessarily magnesium I want. It's more that I want light without split rims. Bit passe and the problems with the wheelnuts on the MB splits put me off completely. I like the normal style Dymags but the one's they claim were designed for the Caterham are different. But, if that's the light style then it would be silly to ask them to supply heavier ones.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Dave - Techdel are indeed one piece magnesium but I doubt very much if they're lighter than Barnbys split rims. After all however well you cast the rim bits out of magnesium you're never going to even get close to the thinness of the spun ally rims on the barnby wheels. This will more than outweigh the weight saving from not having the nuts and bolts and the bolt together flange. Plus it's weight at the rim, is that important for wheels like it is for flywheels? I guess not for unsprung weight issues.

Nige - I've got two sets of Barnby wheels and I'm forever swopping one set for the other and taking wheels on and off and I've had no problems whatever with the wheel nuts. There was a problem with the powder coating going on too thick and closing the hole up too much to get the nut in but 5 secs with a wire brush in the drill solves that.

And think of the advantages. I had a bit off an off at Llandow and trashed two wheels, with Dymags that would have been 700 quid down the pan. Two new outer rims from Mike (at 30 quid a shout) half an hour with a spanner and I've got good as new rims. I'm a big fan.

Many others have had no problems with the MB wheel nuts . I think it comes down to either the powder coat being too thick - so get them painted instead , or people over tightening the nuts .

MB also do a wide selection of fantastic quality billet centers - these would be my choice in future .

Dave