Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Unread threads not updating (probably request for enhancement!)

CharlesElliott

I use Mozilla on Mac OS X and have set up a 'Blatchat' set of tabs. Basically this means that I click on a button in my toolbar and it opens a number of tabs each containing one blatchat forum. When this happens though the read/unread folder markings don't seem to work - everything is marked as unread. If I load blatchat and then click on a particular forum, everything works properly.

Any chance of making it so that if I go straight to a forum I know what I've read?

Charles

---

My Caterham Academy 2004 Diary

Charles,

The 'date last here' field is taken from the cookie stored on your machine, and stored in a session variable so that it lasts for the length of your stay. The cookie is then updated with the current date and time. This is all only done from the Blatchat home page. So if you never visit the Blatchat home page, the cookie us never updated and the session date will be blank. If the session date is blank then all topics will look as if they've been updated. QED

I may be able to write something to sort this out, but you'll have to be the guinea pig. I'll give you a shout when I've had a bit more of a think.

Barry

something that allowed you to set this manually would be good... Two reasons:

1) I use BC at work and at home. It would be nice to come home and then be able to set the time to when I last checkec it at work

2) When IE crashes its damn annoying to try and work out what you've read and what you haven't... Being able to set the 'time' would be fab *smile*

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

I like Hoopy's suggestion (I also read at work and home) but can understand that this might be even more work ;-).

I have managed to work around the problem by now also opening a tab with the Blatchat home page as well and then immediately closing it. This at least populates the session cookie and means that I get read/unread indicators (as long as the home page doesn't take longer to load than the forum pages)

Charles

---

My Caterham Academy 2004 Diary