Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WAKE UP!!!!!

Dickie Normuss

Don't I look dum. You just managed to post before me there and I havn't checked back till now.

I havn't found the colour I want yet, I just know what I'd like. Nearest I've found so far is some wishy washy Hyundai colour. I guess I'll have to flick through a colour chart somewhen; unless anyone can offer some other ideas for finding auto paint colours 🤔

I'll try and Photoshop an image with the colour I have in my mind next time I have a chance.

I still like that blue I showed you all before though. I have a text file I've created with a list of all the colours I've seen on different cars that appeal. It's just pink is at the top at the momen 😬

Peardrop

Edited by - Peardrop on 18 Aug 2003 18:54:46

I keep looking at different colours and saying that colour next......... no that one........no actually i like that one...................then finally i decide that i love the colour we already have 😬 *thumbup*

Viv *smile*

Wishing i had my own seven *biggrin*

Pppth! Far more vibrant than common old red *wink* *tongue* 😬 *eek*

I think I know what Simon is referring too. TVR have made chromaflare rather popular in recent years and in order for it to achieve its visual best you apply it over a strong base colour; for example the orange / red flame affect is achieved by applying chromaflare over a red base colour.

*confused* If my memory serves correct *confused*

Unfortunately, applying chromaflare over a white base looks like atomic snot. There are a couple of such pukka motors running around Brighton at this moment *smile*

Peardrop

Edited by - Peardrop on 18 Aug 2003 22:53:51

I've had a faff around with a picture off of JW's website, here (assuming tripod havn't decided to stop linking of images).

On the left is the prototype 'blade in all its pinky glory (I assume that this is the colour of your own car, Lee 🤔). On the right is my doctored image to show as near as I can get it the sort of colour I'd really like my own car to be.

If anyone sees a car in this colour, do please email or post here the make / model / age. The nearest I've found so far is a Hyundai colour from '95 that was used on the Accent and called Salmon Red. It does however look like it faded that colour rather than being a deliberate choice 🙆🏻.

Peardrop