Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WAKE UP!!!!!

Dickie Normuss

That I think I might like one *smile* *confused* But they come with fuel injection these days, not carbs. No idea what that means though !

KT is due an overhaul this winter/spring - as she has reached her 11th birthday looking a like rough at the edges. Currently she falls between two stools. A bit trackdayish on the suspension etc, but engine is a bit of a potterer. So whether to go for an out-an-out trackster ('blade) , or change her back into a more comfortable road car. Hmmmm.

You may be interested in this web page.

Haven't got in contact with them myself, but I'm sure they could offer some advice as to what's available engine wise.

If you're working on KT (as opposed to a new kit), surely you have the option of dropping a carbed lump in if you prefer *confused* Depends whether you're more concerned with MOT hassle or performance. Probably telling you what you already know, though 😬

Which reminds me; I need to get in contact with JW to see if he can help supplying parts for conversion.

Peardrop

Edited by - Peardrop on 17 Aug 2003 12:59:04

Oooh,. thats a nice site 😬

KT is quite an old girl (although not as old as her papers suggest *wink* 😳 , so she doesn't get many MOT hassles.

Are carbs better than fuel injection then ?

Been meaning to give JW a call myself. But we had over an hours conversation on dampers last time I spoke, gawd only knows how much time he could talk about Fireblade conversions *smile*

What are converting ? And from what to what ? Or is this a new build ?

IIRC post '97 cars with post '95 engines require catalytic converters ... although that won't apply to KT, I suspect some MOT centres could be pedantic about post '95 engines in any car. Therefore a carbed engine may be a better choice.

The injected engine is however lighter and more powerful (150bhp over 130bhp, again IIRC).

CN and I are considering purchasing a post '96 ex academy for as little as I can find one and then converting it. Being nearer the '97 cut off I'm erring towards a carbed engine.

Peardrop