Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mornin'

KevSull Too

Thanks Spinner - weather was great - bit of rain Sunday night, Monday morning.

Your spell worked well - pity it didn't get rid of the Geordies in the next pitch who were on the verge of having fight at 1am and ended up kicking out one of their number from the campsite.

Hoopy get anti-mossie stuff - LAst time I did some walking on Skye they were everywhere.

OK guys - I have a confession, I don't make the weather with spells. Well, I tried but judging by KevSull's experience and the fact that you did have some rain Boonie I think I am failing.

*confused*

I will sit here and concentrate hard and see if I can give Hoopy good weather - if that fails I shall re-enrol in Hogwarts and go back to my studies..... *eek*

Have a good holiday Hoop (& Em). Skye is great but Boonie's not wrong about the biting midges that can drive you to the very edge of insanity. *mad* *mad* *mad*

You shouldn't have too much trouble when (if )the sun is out, they don't like sunlight (typical bloodsuckers) - try not to be in the open around sunset because it can be hell. Not all insect repellants are a lot of good either. A proper outdoors-y shop should know more than Boots/Superdrug etc. They are a seasonal problem, so the best advice is avoid July and August - 😳 oops! too late...

Watch out for sheep everywhere and also the RAF on low-altitude training flights (oh, no *eek* not that subject again...).

Have I put you off enough now 🤔 Have fun 😬.

M