Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A Sad Farewell

rossybee

I have decided to call it a day in the bikesheds.

Perhaps the timing is handy due to the imminent sale of my 7.

My main reason for quitting is my sudden souring of it all due to an unpleasant experience, which I did not expect from what I thought was a light-hearted, friendly forum.

I would just like to finish off by saying a big thank you to all of you who have joined in the fun with me and that I will miss the ‘banter’.

Bye for now,

Ross

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodbye Ross

Come and visit occasionally - I'm in lurkers corner at the moment (with bag of toffees) as Iam computerless and moving home, so only logon at work and on other peoples computers.

If someone was out of line we'll sort them for you

*eek*

Please re-consider Ross - it would be sad to lose your GSOH ☹️

*idea* and just IMHO, maybe we ought to "police" ourselves a little better *idea*

Most of the time, the humour is witty and amusing but I have to say that on occasions I wince at some of the OTT innuendo and comments that aren't funny, or even the least bit subtle and could be taken as downright rude *eek* I'm not singling anyone out. There are several people here, who probably know who they are 😳

For example, I'm fat and I know it. That's my personal problem and Ican refer to it but if one of the 'shedders made comments about my girth, I'd probably be offended 😳 You may have noticed I've not been posting here much lately - "hurrah", you may say but the reason is that in general, I haven't been inclined to add to what in my opinion has not been up to the high standard of some of the original threads.

I'll get me coat and bu99er off now *eek*

FH

Well said FH

I for one apologise if I have ever gone too far...I always see the Bikesheds as a place to chat to friends about the day, life and 7's or my lack of one. It often cheers my day up and provides a break in my busy workload.

I am only a newbie and I really appreciate the welcome and comraderie that exists here. I think one of the problems - and this applies to all kinds of chatrooms - is the tone of posts. Although smilies etc do partly get round this it is very difficult when you don't here the inflection in a person's voice or their body language - althoug obviously this does not excuse just downright rude posts. I hope I'm not turning into a GOG.

In no way am I pointing fingers as I maybe just as much to blame as anyone else. I guess what I'm saying is perhaps we should all take a breath. I love the Bikesheds they are funny, witty, wibble full and there when you just need to spout but they should never be intentionally hurtfull.

Boys and girls of the Bikeshed I beseech you please forgive my spelling and lets go on together to a brighter Beano filled future. Despite skipping school I reckon we are all adult enough to do this.

I have been out for a few days and was horrified to read that Rossy was leaving, but I am not aware of the incident that lead to the decision.

This is a wonderful friendly forum usually, I would be lost without it! It is horrible to think that someone feels so bad they no longer want to take part ☹️

Jane

Been away from the sheds for a few days and come back to this..... ☹️

All I'll say is don't do it Ross, the humour in here is what sometimes keeps me sane at work and more often than not you're in the middle of it *smile*

You will indeed be missed, please only make it a short sabatical.....