Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Counter

Site Manager

May I venture to make a few comments?

IIRC, The "bikesheds" started to gain popularity when some people in the ChitChat area became upset at a few windups/silly comments etc that were made. I think the people here would agree that in hindsight, some of those postings were 'misguided' but they were alarmed at the over-reaction of the few, and sought solace and shelter from the vitriol. After all, the area concerned is a division of BlatChat, named "Chit" and many a topic in the past had been totally non-Seven oriented, with many fatuous contributions and without dispute by those who subsequently were quite vociferous in their condemnation of the unfunny to$$ers.

Hijacking became a heinous crime and yet a visit to some of the topics under discussion in recent times reveals subject matter being both regularly hijacked without comment and embellished with totally irelevant trivia. The newly

formed "bikeshedders" were alienated and found themselves down here, among others who felt the same way.

Since that time, the people who frequent this area have formed a club-within-a-club friendship, even to the extent of holding their own "area" meeting, with other meetings in the pipeline. Many are Seven owners; others here dream of the day when they will be able to share that joy. At times the subject matter is silly, even downright bizarre but we have the maturity to ignore anything we find unpalatable, rather than whingeing and asking for threads to be deleted/closed. The numbers of visitors continues to grow as more people become disenchanted with some of the purile topics posted on ChitChat. Some of them make this area seem both sensible and sane!

I would vote for a "Bikesheds" area as an additional selection, thus allowing "Test" to revert to being just that, an area for people to test. Anyone who sabotaged a person's test would then be in line for a boll***ing from the Site Manager with possible restrictions on their ability to post further.

I would also mourn the loss of an area such as this, (which can be ignored by those who only wish to "ChitChat"). It was mooted, I believe, that this motley crew could set up their own message board through MSN or suchlike. However, access to that would be restricted to those already in the "bikeshed" area and newcomers would never be able to find the 'shedders' and share the moment.

The Bikesheds gathers large amounts of detritus on a regular basis and I think the shed caretaker would be glad of the Site Manager's help in keeping the place tidy. As Mav reminds us, we suggested a regular "delete" as a method of assisting Blatchat's overload problems some while ago. I see no reason why it shouldn't be spring cleaned at whatever intervals the Site Manager deems necessary.

Thank you for the space. Please delete this post if it is considered inappropriate

Anyone care to join me for a wee dram in the Prefects' Room?

*wink*

Sir, what do you mean by clearing it out then 🤔

If I can still find things by searching then you've not deleted anything *confused* *confused* *confused*

ah we BOTH have a topic called "counter". that explains that one *smile*

and I think head prefect is quite brainy.

and that pun was really quite bad 😬

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

barry,

to second comments, i'd be upset if this channel went. other than some disk space, we don't do here what goes on in others parts of the forum.

i know that you do a lot of work supporting us lot, so if there's something we can do to help please let us know...i'm sure you'd have plenty willing to help.

*idea*what if the old server just had the bikesheds on it, would that help you out 🤔

Steve B

Faster than the Speed of Dark Join us on the USA 2005 tour......HERE

Dear Hoopy,

How can I get my hands on a second hand Caterham without ending up in the divorce courts - would be my first.

Secondly - I need a car that I can use everyday to travel at least 60 miles a day but I can't spend too much, which car would you suggest?

I can't get my dog to bring back the sticks I throw - any suggestions?

To name but three

I found a partner who wanted a seven BEFORE marriage was mentioned. I'm not sure that helps...

OTOH when I need marriage advice I'll be sure to ask the friendly married shedders for what i need to do 😬

I'd recommend a seven. if you need something cheaper then get a fiat 500 (the original type) and we'll help you fit a fireblade engine

use some long lengths of elastic and a bit of imagination *smile*

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R