Click here if you are having website access problems ×

QED engine upgrades

R500 CYA

Anybody got any experience of the QED Fast Road/ Track conversion for the K series.

I am seriously looking into this, but am a little naive in the ways of engine tuning.

Are the cams and throttle bodies difficult to fit?

And what is this about setting up the ECU. How do you do that? Is there a handbook? Will my laptop paint pretty pictures for me and tell me what to do?

PC if you're out there help me. I don't want to spoil my lovely Supersport, but I don't want my cousin to p!ss all over me in his tuned x-flow either! sad.gif

Cheers in anticipation...........

Nick

See my thread about Lumenition ECU's .....

I am waiting for QED to get back to me with a price of the std 180 kit minus the cams.

I have read the brochure and I am going for the Lumenition option as it sounds much simpler for a novice such as myself.

Are you going for the DTA?

X777CAT

Kick,

I have installed a complete QED/dta kit over the winter to a 1600k SS. It was not a trivial exercise. I think it is more demanding than building the car as there is a real lack of documentation and a need to design and build a number of brackets etc. It really depends on your abilities and if you enjoy the process. I found the re-looming work quite demanding. However I have just had a first blast in the finished car and it is just great.

Don't get fooled that it is an easy exercise