Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SV Aeroscreens

mav

*************Highest QualityCarbon Fibre ONLY*************

These items will be manufactured using the Autoclave Pre-pregnated method, and NOT wet laid.

These are specifically for the SV

These will be Interchangeable as per the screens for the Std size car.

They will be available in Early October, subject to 10 confirmed orders.

Once 10 peole have confirmed, a deposit of £100 will be requested.

Once the screens have been competed, the balance of £250 will be requested.

Total cost is £350

if more than 10 screens are required in the first batch, then costs will be reduced, as the tooling costs will be further split.

Please e-mail aeroscreen@mavmobile.freeserve.co.uk if you are interested, and post a reply here.

2 people have already posted an interest off line with me

Edited by - mav on 9 Aug 2003 05:10:37

The offering from caterham (going by the prices on the website) is likely to be £350 for glass fibre etc, If they ever make them

The person who is organising this has decided that to start with at least, Carbon Fibre is the only option available.

If you would like further details, please drop me a line.

Regards,

Martin.

P.S no DITP does not yet know about this

Edited by - mav on 9 Aug 2003 09:33:18

Mav,

Didn't mean to sound critical, it's just he scottish side of my ancestory coming out. I was round at Tillet the other day and they make the repalceable carbon aeroscreens that Caterham use. Was a chap from Caterham there and I asked when production would happen for a SV aeroscreen. He reckoned not for at least 6 months (however that was opinion).

Good on you for getting your finger out and doing it yourself, I think unless you get lots of orders and the tooling costs are driven down , I may end up having to make one myself out of perspex or lexan.

However I retain the right to come grovelling to you in a couple of months when I fail miserably *tongue*

Dubuy,

These will be permenantly available if 10 people sign up now.

The Caterham Offering at present for C/F Interchangable screens is about £650( STD car).

These will not be made by Tillet at least for now.

Regards,

Martin

Edited by - mav on 9 Aug 2003 20:04:33

I find it strange most think this expensive mav, if it was on the shelf at caterhams at £500.00 they would all want one .we non sv have paid more for the standard one and the quality is rubbish. WHAT DO I KNOW MY BUM IS STILL IN THE HEALING MODE GOOD LUCK 😬

For those who are interested, the £250 (+ VAT IIRC) wet layup non interchangeable Caterham screens found on R500's have a construction like shown here

As you can see its not exactly 100% carbon.

Doing it properly Mav's price is about right considering he has to make a pattern and tool before he makes a signle panel. At an estimated 10 off this does push the price up.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

Edited by - Fat Arnie on 9 Aug 2003 20:51:15

Don't doubt the costs involved in prodcing these on a limited run, that was never the issue, I'm just too cheap to spend that kind of money on an aeroscreen and no I wouldn't give CC £350 fo one either, never mind £500.

I haven't got an SV but this looks like a good deal.

I paid more for the non fat version only a few of months ago and that was 2nd hand, albeit with mirrors.

I my opinion (not the wife's) it has been the best upgrade and best money spent on my car in 3 years. The 0-100 is now awsome and it keeps going through to 120 without any hesitation and the top end is now over 130. I've done 1800 miles all with a huge grin, many of which with passengers who can't get enough either.

Compared to engine upgades it's very, very cheap, the difference is huge. Look at it like that and it makes sense, plus you should always be able to sell it on if you change cars or wimp out when winter comes.

Bertie,

I don't do them at all. Sorry

An aquaintance has offered to have the tooling made up if I can get firm orders for 10 SV Aeroscreens, as they are not currently available.

Dog in the park may have the items you are looking for, or can point you in the right direction.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Guys

As much as I would love a CF SV aeroscreen. With my little old SA currency the Rand, it would mean that I would have to sell the house, and possibly the wife *wink*

However I posted a thread a few weeks ago about the recently established Caterham SA making a SV aeroscreen out of FG as they are currently only importing the SV chassis. Something to do with big or to fat South Africans 😳 I spoke to them yesterday as I have been waiting some time to get my hands on a sample which I am told is modelled on the R400 interchangeable aeroscreen. The prototype is apparantly going on their first complete car (Toyota powered model called I believe the SV400) supposedly by the end of the week. But they have been promising for some time now

I will attempt to get a sample asap and post some pic's to the list as this could be a really cheap option for you.

Mike

SV Blackbird