Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bus instructions

Myles

Due to the firework display from my front brake pads earlier this week, I'm going to have to take a bus *eek* to the golf course in about an hour.

Any advice on how to work them? *confused* Last time I tried, I failed to see where the ticket came out (about 3 bl**dy feet down the bus) and spent the entire journey worried about being nicked for incompetence and lack of a valid ticket...

I *think* the one I want terminates at my intended destination - removes the worry about getting off... but oooh, crikey, this is scarey stuff ☹️

Reminds me of an incident in Italy on an interrail trip - the buses did contra-rotating circular routes - and I got on one going the wrong way. Ended up at the top of a mountain, late at night, only person on the bus, 40+kms from where I wanted to be, unable to converse with the driver and with a travelling partner going spare back at the youth hostel waiting for me to arrive with local currency...

Do they teach this kind of thing in schools these days?

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

I doubt I'll get thrown out of the club - it's a municipal course for dirty, smelly, common people...

Big thing full of smelly people. Right, no time left, stiff-upper lip etc.

Must remember not to start babbling in German or similar...

Deep breath...

It's been fun etc...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Myles - must say you're being very brave about it *smile* I did hear somewhere that one has to put ones arm out to attract the bus pilot's attention - do be careful, it could ruin your swing for ever if you timed it wrong 😳

Hoopy - you mean you undertstand the London buses *eek* I'm very impressed

Tam

London buses are easy now they've got those underground-style maps at the stops. It's rural ones that are hard - never any indication of where the the bus goes or where it stops *confused*

69500 miles and counting...

Tam,

Difficult to believe you are still only at the anorak stage. Just goes to show that the world of pension law can't be that boring after all 😬.

The world of Ductwork manufacture, on the other hand...................... 🙆🏻

It's nearly 4 o/c I've been t' pub and I can't wait to get home to enjoy this scorching weekend we've been promised *thumbup*

Brent