Click here if you are having website access problems ×

standard track front anti-roll-bar kit

wonkey eyed barmaid

interested in purchasing a de-dion front anti-roll-bar kit

(ie. including mounting brackets/blocks, bushes, balls, rubbers etc)

must be from narrow track, as would be intended for classic live axle with top wishbone conversion.

5/8" is the preffered size. good condition is of course a necessity.

plenty of people out there must have gone to wide-track - have you got old narrow-track kit you dont need...? *idea*

cheers. *thumbup*

the whole thing isn't that much from caterham. or it wasn't last time i checked....

also - i suspect the kit of everything from caterham probably costs less than buying the mounts, bushes, end balls etc separately... worth checking out.

wonder if its worth asking len at freestyle if thewy'v got any from ppl who have upgraded to an adjustable one 🤔

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

thanks for the replies.

Gareth,

That sounds very promising - do you have the studs, bushes, rubbers, mounting brackets etc? I may well be interested.

V7SLR,

worth a try... what diameter?

Hoopy,

the arb itself is not that expensive this is true, but as I am needing to buy the full kit to convert a live axle classic from top-links to wishbones it makes it all rather expensive. the wishbones and pivots i will have to buy from caterham, as they are unlikely to be found second-hand, but where i can cut-costs is on the arb and associated bits... it all helps.

sorry - wasn't meaning it to be taken like that.

What i mean is that the dedion ARB kit may cost (for sake of argument) 100 from Caterham.

But to buy it in bits it might be

75 for the ARB itself,

10 for each bracket,

5 for the bushes,

5 for the ARB ends,

5 for the gaitors etc.

so if you pick up an ARB for 30 quid from someone and add in all the other bits you need at the new price from caterham you end up paying more than if you'd got it all new ☹️

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R