Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Xflow worries??

Mat Norris

Have a bit of trouble with my xflow, I think. I changed the oil and did the usual.... remove the plugs and turn over till I get oil pressure, only I haven't. Normally it does take a will after a change but this seemed a bit long. I checked the gauge and no oil is flowing into the capilary. Will I do any damage just turning it over with no plugs? Any solutions, or similar experiences welcomed!!!! Thanks!

Graham.

Didn't Mat say that no oil was flowing into the capillary tube ? This is the older style gauge as opposed to the newer sender operated one (which has the wire!).

I have had air locks on this older type of gauge in the past for no real apparent reason & had to remove the feed from the back of the gauge, crank the engine over until fresh oil dribbled out and then re fitted the nipple & tube. Voila, all OK.

Makes sense, yes?

two charged betteries later - no joy. Out with the volvo battery - no joy. Take off the oil capilary at the block and pump oil back into the main gallery, about 1/3 a litre. Refit capilary - hey presto oil pressure sustained! must have been a major air lock as suggested. thanks all!