Click here if you are having website access problems ×

For Sale

Sideways Sid

2002 /02 Championship winning Caterham 7 Academy race car,upgarded to Super Graduate B race spec for 2003. Out of 7 races this season this car has won 5 races and had 2 second places. 5100 miles,Caterham Yellow, full cage with side intrusion bars, tank protection, adjustable platform, Aces shift lights, Rear ARB, Full set of front ARB's, quick release steering wheel, Tonneau cover, weather gear including doors, 3 sets of wheels complete with Avon CR500's. never crashed, £££ spent on set up's and maintaining car, 100% reliable. Car available November. £15000 no offers call Andy on 07970 516955 or e mail andyrb@ukonline.co.uk

Andy

I am competing in the 2003 championship and I am trying to decide which route to take, I am not a millionaire and therefore a budget is something I have to worry about. Could you tell me how much you it costs to compete in you series for a season, I realise this does not help with the sale of your car and information would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Mike

Mike, take a look at our website www.graduates.org.uk. As a very rough estimate I believe it will cost me around £6-6500 to complete a full season in the Graduates championship this year. That does include a day's testing prior to every race and staying in hotels so you could save by not testing and camping at the circuits. Obviously this figure doesn't include any accident damage.

Club and BARC membership fees - £200

Entry fees (12 races) - £2000

Tow car fuel - £500

Race fuel (inc testing) - £500

Tyres (3 sets) - £500

Test days - £1300

Servicing items (oil, filters, plugs, etc) - £250

Hotels - £1300

Racing doesn't come any more reasonable than that - some people spend that much on cigarettes each year.

I'm sure if you contact Graeme Smith, the chairman of the club, he will be able to send you additional information - email chairman@graduates.org.uk

I'm running in Supergrad B's (same as Andy - but much nearer the back!)

My budget looks like this - but I'm only doing 8 from 12 races:

Membership fees = £250

Race entries = £1200

Insurance (optional) = £1800

Tow car fuel = £400

Race fuel (no testing) = £300

2 sets of tyres (CR500s) = £700

Servicing etc = £500

Accomodation = £100 (normally camping)

Total = £5250

So for a full season that looks like just under 8k for SGB. Or around 5k if you're happy to run without insurance (I know most racers don't bother).

R

Pease,please,please don't put those sort of costs on a public website. *wink*

Sometimes my wife occasionaly logs on and these are nothing like the costs I've indicated.

I reckon a full season is about £2k all in. *wink*

If you were to FULLY cost activities you probably need to allow at least an additional £1k for repairs.

Good luck with selling the car Andy.

MikeW

1600 VX Black/Ali Race No 134

Membership No 6582