Factory Painted Mercedes Dark Violet

ALL parts supplied by Caterham

12 Months MOT 6 Months Tax

Never raced (Circuit or road!)

Rolling road tune

One very careful owner

Offers

Call Pete on 01260 281340

House extension work and patter of tiny feet forces reluctant sale.

Well there's a 1998 Classic about forsale with the later Vauxhall Engine, 4k miles, with 9months caterham warranty remaining on the car. Thats £10,000 and I think still forsale. Giving that that cars been on here since 16th July I'd say yours is around the same price.. maybe £9500.. Depends who's looking for classics. If lots of people wanted classics at present you could probably demand a higher price. I dont know why they aren't selling. Two super sounding cars *thumbup*

Edited by - James Saunders on 14 Aug 2003 16:50:02

Thanks for your comments. I suppose it just depends upon how quickly I want to sell it. Any ideas why Classic's arn't selling?

Hopefully they'll be some interest at Oulton Park this weekend.

I dont know really. Usually they are like hot cakes since they are the cheapest way into modern sevening.. Its the right time of year aswell. Maybe there just isnt the people about wanting to get into caterhams or since money is so cheap to borrow people are doing so and going for a more expensive caterham. The caterham market can be a strange one. One day caterham cars have no R500's then they have 4 ! Try it on pistonheads and findit aswell to try and reach a wider audience.. good luck *thumbup*

Edited by - James Saunders on 14 Aug 2003 16:50:27

I'm selling the VX Classic - only done 4,000 miles and I've got that up now for £ 10,500 but would take nearer £ 10,000 for it.

Agree that the market is very strange right now - had some interest in the car, but I think £10k is a bit of a magical mark for Classics - not many people want to pay above that, even for a car in excellent condition and really close to new like mine.

Suggest you price it around the £ 9,950 mark but be willing to accept lower.

James - is your dad still interested in a Classic. Never got a call back from him, so assume he's either found a car or lost interest ?

Matthew, Thanks for the good word. There has been a bit of interest since Saturday but nothing firm as yet.

Dava, I'm starting to think you are spot on with your comments on the current Classic market. It really buggs me to think that people are only prepared to pay the same price for a low mileage etc etc Classic as a raced and repaired example. What sort of offers have you turned down? Is your VX a Classic or Classic SE?

Mine is a Classic SE and quite highly spec'd (SE spec. so full heated screen + weather equipment) plus leather seats, heater, competition exhaust, new 14" minilites paint etc.

I can see why it is proving difficult. There are some relatively low mileage but 2 - 3 years older K-series cars out there for £ 12k.

I know it's only £1.5k difference, but it seems to be putting people off right now.

Looks like I might have found a buyer literaly today at around the £10k mark, so there's still hope that you'll get around that price.

Best of luck

Hi Pete

I'm new to the forum and have just come into the Market for a Caterham, I've got a budget of £10K (including insurance) so I would be interested in looking at the pictures could you send me some to ian.maylin@ntlworld.com - thanks

My initial thoughts were that I wanted a VX but is the Ford engine reasonable to maintain and get spares for?

thanks

Ian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...