Click here if you are having website access problems ×

competition 4-1 exhaust K series

timbo

I have a 2002 comp exhaust from Caterham (800miles on exhaust).

4 long primaries

4 into 1 collector

Silencer (no cat)

Off my 1.6 K series.

Reason for sale - exhaust won't fit SV.

Unmarked condition.

Needs to be deliverd to mainland UK - (cost me or you £50)

Open to reasonable!!! offers (I believe new from Caterham £525 incl. VAT + Del).

Tim 07801364976.

Surely not fame academy on again *biggrin*

On the subject of 4-1 exhausts, does anyone know a neat way of making the hole in the side of the the body big enough to fit the primaries through. I currently have standard exhaust and as such a small round hole (fah nah!). If I wanted a 4-1 do I get the tin snips out and hope for the best?

Rosso Superlight no.087

Hoopy,

It is a Superlight but its only got a standard (?) exhaust. Why did all SLs have 4-1? Anything else that should be standard? There are alot of things the car has that I know are not, such as dry sump upgraded brakes etc.

Understand with the flap wheel now. Thought you were saying you make the hole bigger with it rather than just tidying it up!!

W.Nut.

Rosso Superlight no.087

the upgrade may only be cams and ECU but the cars equipped with it when sold have the exhaust. (at least - this is the first i know without it). the cost difference is very small.

and 1500 quid to change the cams and swap the ECU is EXTORIONATE if it doesn't have an exhaust as well.

to be honest all the cars should have the long primaries and the SS kit should be a programmable ECU, cams, and vernier pulleys. hmmm... luckily dvapower already do that sort of thing *smile*

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

• Support Team

Mine is a SuperLight with a 1.6 SuperSport engine (standard fit on an SL). It has a 4-1 on it but I'm pretty sure that was fitted after the car had been built. N.B. I am about the 4th owner of it so history isn't great! I have seen SL's with the standard exhaust pipe hence my belief that the 4-1 is an option. The other car I looked at when I bought mine also had a 4-1 exhaust but the vendor (Millwood garage in Cam) told me that it was also an aftermarket item - in fact they had to take it off and replace with a normal exhaust to get it through the MOT.

If you have a dash plaque with your SL# then it is highly unlikely to be a ringer as you can't get replacements - I know this because mine has had the dash changed and hence no dask plaque and Caterham could not supply me with one! You can confirm the history of your car with Caterham if you give them the chassis number - they may want to charge you for this but if you have your car serviced there then they might do it for free. My wife found out my SL number by buttering up Simon Lambert by email and she then surprised me with the information on our wedding anniversary 😬 (she had hoped to get a replacement plaque for me). I got copies of the original sale documents when I had my car serviced (I can check tonight and see what exhaust was specified).

Hoe this helps.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

You are all a great help!! (group hug!!).

I have a dash plate (No. 087), and I bought the car from Caterham so they aren't going to pass off a car as an SL without checking in the first place.

I guess (or at least I'm going to consider) that a 4-1 exhaust was an option and leave it at that. Ignorence is bliss!!! *cool*

Now don't supose you've got another 4-1 exhaust goin spare have you timbo???? As I still wan't one, which was the start of this string anyhow!!!!!

W.Nut.

Rosso Superlight no.087

I think this might be how it goes?

If your sl was made by the factory it needed a exhaust with a cat, so no com 4-1 exhaust.

If the sl was home built or by another compony then it got round the cat reg.

I have a late sl #148 and it does not have a comp exhaust, but it was built by CC in 2001 so would need a cat and needs one for the mot.

hope this helps