Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Great British Beer Festival

Steve-B

ever enjoy a PROPER BRITISH PINT? not that namby-pamby lite beer junk, or watered down continental pints

i'm planning on going to the Great British Beer Festival, on the afternoon of the 8th of august. it's a yearly pilgrimage to "mecca" for the best to drink in the UK at London's Olympia hall.

it'd be great to see y'all there...! you purchase a pint glass on the way in, and get to sample all the best of the small british brewers.

there's a food hall, or you get a taxi back to queensway, and have a late night chinese.

i'm thinking of being there for 1600 on the 8th. give me a bell or email if you're coming...!

Steve B

Faster than the Speed of Dark Join us on the USA 2005 tour......HERE

Edited by - Steve-B on 4 Aug 2003 14:45:26

nooooooooooo!!!!!! don't do it!!!!

you'll end up growing a rather large beard, have a stick of straw hanging from your mouth, trousers with a crotch line about your ankles - thats what real ale does. Never mind listening to the 'Wurzels'

Personally if I wanted to drink something with bits in it - I'd drink complan. There's nothing worse than warm beer, with bits floating in it & a layer of scum as a head. I'll stick to Guiness - at least its colour hides a wealth of sins. Call me a puff - but I like my beer weak, cold, tasteless & fizzy - just think of all the beers you can name that fall into this latter category.

😬 😬

Surely not fame academy on again *biggrin*

Timbo - you're a puff *tongue*. Oo-aar.

Steve - I'll be there on Thursday. Maybe I'll leave a few pints for you - only 450 beers to get through... 😳

Strong possiblity I'll be concentrating on the Belgian bar. Hangover ahoy... *cool*

Cheers,

Mark

😬 *cool* 1800 K-Series - S132 CUY *cool* 😬

😳 *eek* Also hairdresser's tin-top - J777 DMH - if it's raining *eek* 😳

*arrowright*Here's my blog *arrowleft*

• 1 year later...