Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help needed refilling cooling system

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Morning folks - got up early and with fresh eyes was able to fit all the necessary hoses and the Laminova is now all connected up. I'm now trying to refill the cooling system but not getting very far. I have the front of the car up on ramps but I don't think that is high enough - the radiator is not even filling up.

Is there a tried and tested process for refilling? Should I fill through the raditor top hose first?

If I can get this done this morning, I can make the most of the weather *cool*.

Cheers,

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

I think I'm there now. Been for a short blat - temperature between 85 and 87 while moving and fan cuts in around the 100 mark when stuck in traffic and gets temp down below 95 fairly quickly. Oil heated up very quickly so the Laminova is doing it's stuff in that regard too. Oil pressure has dropped a bit but is steady and no sign of leaks yet. Oil temp was stable at 80 but was only a short drive so I'll have to wait and see as regards oil cooling.

Will keep checking levels and hoses over the next few blats.

Cheers to the people who gave me support in my hour of despair last night. *thumbup*

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I believe Mick Smith & JJ have a small 'tap' connector on one of the top hoses. This has a removable screw that acts as a bleed at the highest point on the coolant system. Give JJ a bell - he'll advise.

Surely not fame academy on again *biggrin*

Just curious - why isn't the expansion tank vented? I understand that water expands when hot, and the air in the tank will be compressed - but won't this lead to more pressure in the coolant system that we ideally would like to be without?

you can also put your mouth onto the expansion tank when the engine is warm, and leave the bleed screw off and blow into it to force bubbles out. not the most tasty *mad* of things to do, but if you start with doing this with top heater hose off(that feeds the water rail) blowing, then when just fluid, do the same to the bleed screw, it gets rid of about 80%.

you really need mick's bleed device shaun. it ROCKS *thumbup*

Steve B

Faster than the Speed of Dark Join us on the USA 2005 tour......HERE