Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Hood fitting with cage

Sheds Moderator

Not very techy but I have a new high vis hood which will not quite go over the full cage in my car. (96 DD). Someone I am sure will tell me "you should have told them at the factory, they would have made it bigger" but I didn't and they didn't.

I can with much sweating get it on (ooer) the rear poppers with the window unzipped but this is really tight. Closing the window afterwards is impossible.

I'm thinking of having made a small extension with male and female poppers so the corners will go on. Any ideas?

Thanks

I have the same problem. With enough brute force and ignorance it will go on, if you leave it in the airing cupboard or somewhere else warm beforehand it makes it easier. Then again, some people have warmed the hood and fitted it, then, as it cools it cracks the windscreen *eek*

You could always try wearing a shower-hat!

Charlie'n'Kermit

The plan is: Map the emerald so it can drive as well as idle

S5EVN

Hi Steve,

Could you put the poppers in a different position? If you need a tool to fit the poppers let me know, I had one made for me last week.

Richard in France

Duratec engine built, bright yellow chassis finished, internal kevlar/carbon panels fitted, SVA booked for 19 Aug. 😬 *thumbup* 😬 😬.

• Area Representative

On my car with a full roadsports cage, I have got a hood with an extended panel stitched around the rear edge. It extends the bottom by about 3-4 inches 😳. Even so its still a little tight around the rear quarter but it does clip into place. It looks fairly neat and whilst I believe it was done from new, it certainly was an aftermarket adjustment i.e. not Caterham.

If you want a pic or two just drop me an email and I'll send some out.

Cheers

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

Thanks all, Nick I have emailed you off line for photos, thanks. *smile* Richard, thanks for offer, I think I need a bit more slack than that. I have even tried in the sunshine, it gets hot here, sweating buckets I was, to no avail. I think that the good people of St Hilaire now know most English swearwords, including a few new combinations.

I now know that "Get on you B*STARD!" is worth at least an inch of stretch. Some of my girlfriends say that this still isn't enough. 😳

We had the pleasure of staying with Steve week before last whilst in France - he looked after our car for us. Whilst dining out in the town square one evening, the most amazing squall came through. All the outside furniture was off down the street, and the hardest rain I have ever seen tipped down. Our car was parked, aero screens, no tonneau etc etc. We had shorts and t-shirts. Went for it and drove the mile or 2 to Steves place. Tessa had a cardboard box on her head. Flooded roads poured into the cockpit as the nice wide 48's hit standing water. It was dark - I could not see A THING! We made it - no choice, but it was actually very dangerous - bits of tree in the road, could not see the kerb side, wearing sun glasses in the dark so at least I could keep my eyes open.

Steve at least had a screen - gues that is why he now wants a roof that fits 😬

New site! mycaterham.com

here

44,000 in 23 months and 2 weeks

Steve Cragg, I'll get you at playtime. *tongue* As for Jessies, you're the one with carpets and heater, soft lad! 😬

Angus:

"Tessa had a cardboard box on her head. "

That's a bit harsh mate, no need for that, she's a nice looking lass! 😬

Certainly was a storm that night. My Tillet was a swimming pool. Still, it's bloody nice out here, thanks Steve, right up my street. See you next time I visit the folks.

French MoT today, eek.