Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Laminova

Anthony

• Support Team

I'm gonna attempt to fit my new radiator and the Laminova this weekend. Any one got any tips they would like to share with me? I'll follow Roy's instructions for the Laminova and am sure that the radiator is just a straight swap so fingers crossed

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Yep, 100 GBP + VAT, + delivery

This is for the 160 mm long one, clearly 235 mm one ( and v.large one ) more than this

Fittings for water also required

There is a K-series kit which Matthew at Think Automotive can price for you

Is it still a reasonable step to take if I don't want a new rad straight away? I've heard that the K-series radiator is so effective, that in the winter cars have been known to overheat because the water coming from the rad is so cold it keeps the thermostat closed!

BTW how much is the rad upgrade that everyone's getting at the mo?

Charlie'n'Kermit

The plan is: Map the emerald so it can drive as well as idle

S5EVN

Charlie,

I've fitted mine with the std ali rad on my car. I also changed the thermostat to 82 deg.

I've so far experienced no difficulties and have run on a couple of warm to hot trackdays this year. Temps on a drive / road use =80/80 and on track are 80/100 (water / oil) this compares previously on track / extended road &m/way of 80 ish / 120ish

Hope this helps.

I have 1.6SS 'K' with apollo and wet sump.

• Support Team

Charlie,

K series kit from Think with Laminova, additional oil pipe and all the necessary fittings for a wet sump K with Apollo is £160 all in (including VAT and postage). I am fitting a Radtec radiator as I get high water temperature as well as high oil temperature. Cost of the Radtec with the bulk buy discount was just under £210 all in. Not sure if the BB is still going - phone Radtec to find out. My existing radiator is the standard (NOT Ali) one and has seen better days judging by the wildlife wedged in it! If you have the aluminium one then that is probably much better than the old one I have. I am also looking to fit an 82 deg thermostat if I can find one before the weekend (CC didn't stock them when I phoned today).

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Bl**dy hell,

I'll get one on order then for the hell of it.

And if someone can confirm the Radtec BB :)

OK, I don't need it I guess, but it's something to do over the winter....

Regds,

Myles

Wonder wot MM will make of this. Still time to talk me out of it. *wink*

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Myles, bulk-buy will be fine, just add yourself to the Caterham bulk-buy list.

They were/are incredibly accomodation and cost indicated is right, it includes delivery and VAT

Anthony

Wheels on, and fuel and cooling systems next with laminova ! Leaving electrics too last....

Guys, kit arrived and it is very well made/engineered

I have gone for the small one and will let you know how I get on, perhaps going for a larger one if there is an issue with oil temp

Time will tell

Anyway full marks to Mocal on cost and customer service *thumbup*