Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Interesting thought on the mileage. I'm quickly coming round to the idea that more miles are better than less. These cars do not like being stood around for months on end. Better to have one thats been driven frequently, than one that's fired up once a year to get rid of the cob-webs.

Sorry to hear about your job Nick *mad*

I agree, 22,000 miles is hardly high, is it? *eek*

If it is, then God, that's madness. These aren't museum pieces that require cotton wool lined garages! They're driver's cars with modern engines which can go on for years. Surely they require driving! 😬 😬 And we all know how much fun that is!!

My car is a T-reg car and, as anyone who's seen the car will tell you, it is in better condition that its registration year would normally lead you to expect, It has done an average of 5,500 miles a year for 4 years!? I simply don't understand these Seven owners who could let their pride and joy be used for less than 5,000 miles a year. By my calculation, that's less than 100 hours a year in your car!? *eek*

Personally I would be less likely to buy a T-reg which had sat in a garage for most of its life (being lonely - poor thing). And remember, the only reason my car's for sale is money related. It drives better than it ever has in my ownership. It's great and I love it!

So there, pah..... 😬

Edited by - Tom on 10 Sep 2003 10:04:08

To anyone thinking of buying a Superlight, I really don't think you could do better than this one - excellent condition, choice of screens, well maintained blah blah blah - or maybe I should keep quiet and hope nobody gets it before I sort a job out *tongue*

Although I dont know Tom very well I see this car at our local meets and it is superb. I also cant understand the lack of interest - if it wasnt for the fact I've already got a 7 I'd buy it.

And as for milages, 22000 is hardly a huge distance - my 1.6K supersport has the same engine as Toms, it's done just under 43,000 miles and it runs very well indeed, burns no oil and has 4-bar oil pressure when running and 3 bar at tickover.

What I cant understand is when cars which are several years old come on sale and have only averaged a few hundred miles a year - from what I have seen these can be more of a problem because things like tyres go 'off' and lose grip instead of getting replaced at regular intervals.

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport

• 3 weeks later...