Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rover Competition Department - Roversport?

colincagain

Greetings from the Venezuelan Branch of the L7Club -does anyone know a current contact - name, email, phone number - at RoverSport please? Need it to order some competition parts for my K series and understand that they are significantly cheaper. All to make it sing more happily aroung the Ring in a few months time!

Thanks

Colin

Colin,

When I registered with Competition Parts a couple of years ago the situation was this:

You need to register as a 'Privateer Competitor'. They give you a form to fill in which has details such as what car you have, what type of competition/series etc. you compete in. They issue you with a 'Privateer number' which you quote when you 'phone up to order parts. You are only allowed buy parts for your own private competition use, and if I remember correctly the parts don't carry a warranty (or something like that). The most perverse bit of all is that they will only sell you production car bits - so you can't buy forged pistons or solid followers (in other words competition parts!) through them.

As I say that's how it was a couple of years ago.

They're on 0121 4756217.

Mike

Mike

Thanks for the contact - called them today and got a very helpful lady. Only downside was that she later emailed me back and professed that they were a "new department" - given the questions she asked, it sounded to me a bit like the function has been outsourced.

Cheers

Colin