Click here if you are having website access problems ×

only got to the second track so far...

moomin

naPP,

It's always difficult (and bad!) to describe someone as like someone else, but if you forced my hand, the most common likeness would probably be David Gray. It is mostly acoustic singer/songwriter stuff. It's real good (if you like that sort of thing of course!).

FH, ah yes I got that this morning when I was checking the tour dates.

moom

www.megabird.co.uk

ahhh - the Stone Roses - top band when I was at school. I remember seeing them live in Tipperary, @ the Thurles hurling ground - took an old Maestro diesel from the used car lot for the weekend - packed it to the gills with beer and headed south to the 'trip to tip' festival. We got 88mph flat out down a steep hill @ a place called 'Colon' - can't remember much else after that;o)). I do remember the roof rack sliding off the roof of the car through the main town centre of Tipperary - looked in the rr view mirror - all our gear was sitting in the middle of the road with a traffic jam behind it - laughed we did. Put the Maestro back on the lot after the weekend needing £400 of paint repairs.

Does anybody remember 'Neds Atomic dustbin' ? - my first ever live gig - the only band with 2 base guitarists at that time.

Not f**king fame academy on again *biggrin*

Ohhh, go on makes me feel old why dontcha *tongue* *tongue* *wink*

The Neds were quite faboulous, particularly "Kill You Television". Pop Will Eat Itself and Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine were similar - they came, sold lots of T-shirts and went again.

Still have a pristene Carter "30 something" t-shirt.

what da ya mean 'old'

if you can remember those gems you can't be much older than me (30) *wink*. I can't of drew the line at the 'Cure' & Morrisy - music was designed to shake your touche - not bore you to death with some meaningless psycho babble about cats. Now 'Pills, Thrills & Belly aches' - there was a ground breaking album.

I recently picked up 'The house of love' album - fabulous.

Seemed to have moved lately towards 'moddy' dance - picked up 'deeper shades of euphoria' a while ago - magic.

thanks mav - I needed that - don't know where it would have all ended.

I am off:::::::

some bed time easy listening, not too taxing - 'S club 7' anyone?

Now there's a note on which to go bed - or is that incest? 😬 😬 😬 😬

I'll stop there.