Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vauxhall HPC for Sale

FEW

1993 Vauxhall 2.0 HPC with Webers (175 bhp) for sale. Yellow, cycle wings, de-dion, HPC rims, Vecta Immobiliser, heated windscreen, full weather kit, 4-point harnesses, FIA roll bar + more. Immaculate condition with only 6,000 miles, always garaged. £13,750 ovno.

Rob, don't do which? I had thought that a 1.8 K series was going to be the best base to build on, but now I just don't know. Pros and cons?

I've only driven Arnie's Vauxhall engined car the steering did feel far heavier than my ally block BDM car. Is this representative?

I need to try a few out! While it's still wet . . .

Tim

Tim,

I set my car up like that deliberately. Its a feel I like.

You wont feel the engines weight through the steering, you'll just understeer a lot.

Anyway to get power from a K you have to strap lumps of metal to it.

So far I've chopped 11 kilo's off my short engine (well off the crank actually) so I reckon the weight differential must be narrowing...

On the subjetc of differentials, this is another good way of dramaticallky reducing understeer.

Arnie Webb

Organiser- L7C Le Mans Trip

To book for this years Le Mans Trip see The Le Mans Trip Website

It really is very very very very full now!!!

It would appear that way Chris, but unfortunately my poor little machine has suffered mortal injuries after leaping off the road and carving a broad swathe through the surrounding undergrowth & hedging. Every bit of it is bent, but it's a great testimony to the superb integrity of the tub that I emerged with only a few scratches to show for it.

So I need a replacement to raise my spirits!

Robin.

• 2 weeks later...