Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

uncomfortable 4 point harness

Barbarella

As I'm a little lady and have to drive with the seat well forward, the adjusters on the 4pt harness sit right up on my shoulders and dig in to my neck.

CC also modified the floor for us so that the seat sits up above the cross member making it a couple of inches higher than normal.

What I need is longer top sections to the shoulder straps so that the adjustment point is further down.

Any advice?

Jenny (female half of Barbarella's crew, Fletch being t'other half).

the most fun you can have with clothes on

thanks Felix, I found the website and emailed them last week. The contact email link on their otherwise very snazzy website isn't a proper mailto or a link to a form, so copied it into Outlook and sent enquiry. Bounced seconds later. Not very impressed with this, and will have to phone them.

Barbarella & Crew (who are busy with decorating and wishing it would stop b*****y raining.) ☹️

the most fun you can have with clothes on

The other option would be to change to Willans belts. They will also make them to whatever spec you want, but one of the reasons I changed, was the adjusters for the lap belts are next to the buckle, therefore you can adjust them with the seat forward, as opposed to the Luke ones I had, which needed to be adjusted before the seat was moved. I don't move the seat at all now, as my other half doesn't drive the car, so probably a waste of money.

Willians are based in Stockbridge Hants, so pretty close to Portsmouth, so you could always pay them a visit *biggrin*

If Luke can't sort it, that's an option, thanks. We seem to manage witout altering the lapstraps although maybe I don't have them as tight as they really ought to be. Our solution there will be to mark the straps showing where the ideal point should be for each of us. We always run the drivers seat right back for getting out anyway, just makes it easier and a little more elegant - if that's possible *wink*

It's really just the shoulder straps that cause the aggravation. Maybe when we get around to trackdays (not for the first year) we'll think about more radical changes if its still a problem.

Barbarella

Edited by - Barbarella on 29 Jul 2003 12:22:16

Thanks for the offer Postman Pat - we'll catch you at a future meet and may take up that offer. However, I am not sure pads will help at all. It's the harness adjuster buckles that cause the problem because the top end of the straps aren't long enough. Do the harness pads go behind the buckle itself, or just on the strap part 🤔

Barbarella & Crew

The pads envelope the harness webbing and have a 'flap' for want of a better expression to sit behind the buckle (adjuster) to cushion you

Pic from Caterham site here

As previously advised these are also available from DT P/N JUMBO75.

Viv and I use them and find the harness more confortable

Jenny

I've just dug them out, the ones I have are indeed the Luke Jumbo 75 referred to by Mav (picture and description here).

If they look like they might help and you want to try them, I can stick them in the post to you. If they do the trick, you can keep them, if not you can return them at a future club meet.

Email me your address if you're interested.

Pat and his not quite black and white cat