Click here if you are having website access problems ×

User names....

Mrs Mav

Hi just been thinking (i know unusual for me)

If some one has not used one of thier numerous usernames for say thirty days could they not be auto-deleted to save a little space.

I'm sure there are many people with more than one user name that has not been used for a lengthy period of time and wouldn't mind it being deleted *thumbup*

Just a suggestion - See what you think

Viv *smile*

Wishing i had my own seven *biggrin*

I wouldn't have thought that there were that many inactive users.

If it would help save a worthwhile amount of space then maybe make it 90 days (to allow for blatchatters who take long holidays), and really weed out the dead accounts. It might be nice to send a pre-deactivation e-mail to warn of impending oblivion......

Good idea if this helps keep Blatchat clutter free and running smoothly. I am very glad its back up and galloping along at speed again.

Agree with the e-mail idea as a warning. 90 days ( 3 months) seems reasonable. Is there a de-register facility - i.e if you have put several names in you can delete them from the system.

If we're looking at deleting user names to save space, wouldn't it be easier just to remove Hoopys account???!!!! 😬

Like the de-register a user idea, but would any posts made by that user then be removed? And how much space is it likely to save?

I do occasionally delete user names that haven't been validated correctly, or have been validated, are over 3 month old and haven't made any posts.

Deleting a username that has posts attached to it will delete all the posts too, so I'll not be doing that.

The user account itself doesn't take up a lot of space.