Click here if you are having website access problems ×

trumpets

julians

There will come a day when I will start answering some questions, but until then :-

What difference does trumpet length make (generally speaking) on a throttle bodied engine. My 2ltr zetec with jenvey 45mm throttle bodies curently has 40mm trumpets. I have heard people mention that just increasing the trumpet length canmake a world of difference to the engine. I presume it should be remapped to take full advantage of this, is there any point in doing it without remapping the engine?

They are encased are the moment with K&N air filters which I know wont be deep enough if I were to fit longer (90mm?) trumpets, so How much gap should there be between the end of the trumpet and the air filter (1inch?), and where can one get hold of different depth filters?

Ta

Julian

It's the total length of the ports/manifold/bodies/trumpets that matter, not just the trumpet length in isolation. As a generalisation a shorter induction length is better for high rpm, longer is better for lower rpm - same rules as for exhaust primaries.

Mike

Not sure about wednesday as the car is still in having this oil pressure problem sorted (lack of parts etc conspires to keep me away from the car).

Who sells deeper K&N filters? and how much gap should there be between the filter and the trumpet opening (generally)