Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The perfect day ????

Dickie Normuss

I think I've planned the perfect day, have I missed anything?

Thursday 31st - Already off to a good start as I should be working but I've booked it off. 😬 Get up early and drive to Silverstone for a Caterham experience day. Now for those who dont know, I dont have a seven and have never driven one "properly" and just cant wait!!!! I will of course be using my new "racing boot look-a-like trainers" that I bought last week, not that I'm excited you understand.

Finish at Silverstone and drive to see G/F who lives in Yorkshire, I'm in Surrey so dont get to see her as often as I would like. go out for a nice meal in the evening, my treat, and then go to our beauty spot on the cliffs under the beams of a lighthouse, it's the most romantic place I've ever been, really, there's something about this place. Go for a midnight walk along the cliff top hand in hand and at the appropriate moment get down on one knee, produce a ring and ask (she's already said she would say yes if I asked) then go back to hers for a "quiet night in" *smile* this day would then be the start of ten days together, during which I've arranged a suprise "getaway" for us. So is this the perfect day? It couldn't get any better for me

Ladies - what have I missed???

I cant wait 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Seek forgiveness, not permission.

Is it easy to rob a bank and get away with it???

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat - countdown, great idea. Have had sh*tty few weeks but this makes it all worthwhile, am full of nervous excitement.

Dave - not so sure about the sacrifice of a chicken, could we make it a Nova *eek*

Will let you know what happened upon my return. I think she supects what I'm up to. Unless you have tried to get someone's ring size (ooh er) you have no idea how hard it is without giving the game away.

I WANT IT NOW

Don't do it

It'll all end in tears

Oh go on, do it anyway, just don't say I didn't warn you 😳 *eek* *wink* 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper

beauty spot on the cliffs under the beams of a lighthouse, it's the most romantic place I've ever been, really, there's something about this place.

Ah..... Home *smile*

Good Luck,

'Yorkshire' and 'Coast' means it must be somewhere up here, so I'll pray for the Fog to lift before then.

*thumbup*

Mark

My Caterham Silver Jubilee No. 7 is here with Mavis, under 'Mark's Cars'.

Mark, its the lighthouse at Flamborough head, Bridlington. A warm dry night would be good, can you arrange? 😬

Will a bridal dress fit in a seven???? 😬

THE COUNTDOWN TO BEING UNDER THE THUMB HAS STARTED!!

Sounds good Ric, I assume your wife-to-be ain't a blatchatter, or your surprise would be no longer one... 😬 *thumbup*

I got married in April this year, it was a great day (except not touching the 7).

I also thought about the possibilty of fitting my good lady wife in the passenger seat with dress, but it wasn't too be.... *thumbdown*

Hope everything works out as planned 😬

Ross

Very Black 6spd SuperSport *wink*

Ric, have fun.

Ask Mr Jackson about my well laid plans! I've been to the very place you're talking about but we went because we could see the light from the pier at Whitby and wondered if anyone would be there at three in the morning. It was just us. Splendid. If it all turns to shig pit, drop us a line and we'll get you drunk!!! *wink*

You soppy old devil! Sounds wonderful - hope all your dreams come true *smile* Michael and I lived in separate countries at one point so it just goes to show how love can triumph over adversity.

If mine was anything to go by, a bridal dress doesn't fit in a seven ☹️ But the groom does so that's your arrival on the big day sorted (beware turbulence if you wear a top hat).

The wedding photo in my office is of Michael and I sipping champagne next to our seven in all her finery - perfect *smile*

Tam

Brilliant idea you old romantic you. I took the route of getting my wife completely lost in the Lake District and telling her to marry me or I wouldn't navigate her back......it worked but I think your idea is much better.

Hope all goes well - as I am sure it will.

As to wedding day....it really is a brilliant day...sit back and enjoy. *thumbup*

Well i think i am engaged, but i've never been officially asked 😳

Still i'm quite happy living in Sin *tongue*

I'm sure Mart will explain the engagement (or not) 😬 *wink*

Mart oh Martin..............

Viv *smile*

Wishing i had my own seven *biggrin*

No there's an idea, hire an R500 to get there, at least I wont be late, unless I decide it's too good not to have a blat and make a "slight" detour 😬 😬 😬

Oh, and almost forgot (how could I ☹️).

Sorry to steal any of your thunder Ric, but just found out this morning that Thurs 31st July is a big day for me too....

Got a cancellation appointment through for my vasectomy *thumbdown*.

Between this & my ongoing dental woes, happy times indeed...

NO SMART COMMENTS FROM OLD MR DAVIS PLEASE...

Ross

A vasectomy??? - sounds like the doc will be stealing your thunder *eek*

Let me know what it's like, I will need one soon, is it organised via your GP 🤔

Well ric, a very strange experience so far, having a middle aged man inspect my 'nads...

Surely you won't need one for a while?

Wait until you're married & have a couple of ankle-biters. 😬

Yes, the 1st stage is through your GP...

Ross