Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1998 Classic SE (VX)

Dava

Dava,

I think your being very optimistic to get anywhere near 10k.... 9K seems reasonable. This is probably why it's still for sale!!!

You could buy one of these for 11.5k brand new in 2000! I know... I bought one (and got a free seasons worth of racing!)

Phil.

Tom - engine is Vauxhall 1600cc 8v. Will mail pics later this evening.

Accept the point that £10k is high, but you couldn't buy one to anywhere near this spec, painted, alloys, competition exhaust, leather seats for £11.5k (£13.5k list is nearer the mark).

James - I think I spoke with your Dad yesterday. I got held up in meetings yesterday and then again today. I've given him a call back this afternoon and left a message on his answerphone.

If your Dad is interested then he should come and take a look. Need to remember that it's still got 8 months warranty (approx. cost £350). I've seen the car that Caterham Midlands have. It's not quite the same spec - cloth seats not leather, no bonnet stripe etc.

Given this, I'm still looking for around £10.5k. Would be willing to go down to £10k but not lower. Compared to £11.5k it's a bargain, and you're getting a car with a warranty that has only done 500 miles since purchase from Caterham South 4 months ago.

Edited by - Dava on 17 Aug 2003 18:42:14

Edited by - Dava on 18 Aug 2003 15:17:37

Dava, I see you post on PCL's thread. My dad is/was away for a long weekend and on holiday all this week too. He wouldnt have meant to be rude I just think it was a rush to go away that he prob forgot to take your number with him. I havent spoken to him since but I get the impression your car is a little more than he wants to pay and you said you had a few other people interested so he was going to wait the outcome. He wants another caterham but this will be his 5th so he's in no rush, just waiting for the right one to pop up...

There is a first time 7 buyer on chit chat asking about classics, i've pointed him this way to check out yours *thumbup*

Dava, saving hard for my first seven, please can you e-mail photos to neilchater@aol.com. Can anyone tell me what power this version has? I've only ever driven de-dion sevens - how much fun are the live axle versions. I'm not planning anything too serious as a first timer.

Novice

Dava,

I don't want to lead you down the garden path as I'm in the very early stages, but would it be possible for you to mail me some pics? I'd be very interested to see what I could get for the money.

The email addres is paul at paulperkins dot net.

Many thanks, and good luck,

Paul.