Click here if you are having website access problems ×

horribly depressed

dave hard

☹️ 🙆🏻 ☹️ 🙆🏻

have been trying to fit an Apollo to the 21 since the end of last week. All going well until about 15 minutes ago when I finally got to fire it up.

Leaks everywhere *eek*.

You name a joint and it leaks. *mad*

And this is despite doing everything up as tight as possible. 🙆🏻

Only solution is strip it all out and refit it starting from the opposite end of the system this time, hoping for the best. But that will just lead to new problems. aaaaaagh

And this needs to be done by the end of Friday or it won't be in place for Euro 2003.

Whilst working at least 10 hours a day to get all the jobs off my desk and keep the boss happy.

oh and due to a tiny misjudgement (about 10mm) the top of the tank fouls the underside of the bonnet which is going to require cutting out bits of the inner skin. *mad*

it's not gonna get done. I now remember why I normally end up paying people to do this stuff for me.

time for a shower to wash off the fibreglass dust *eek* and find some food. Haven't eaten since lunch.

☹️ 🙆🏻 *mad*

tomorrow I'll just remove the whole system and put it to one side.

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

after about 10 seconds in the shower last night I worked out how to fix the clearance problem (I think) *smile*

One down, loads to go.

What I really need is those mice off Bagpuss to come and clamber around in my engine bay 😬

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

Heave, heave, heave.....

We will find it, we will bind it, we will stick it with glue, glue, glue, we will stickle it, every little bit of it, we will fix it like new, new, new.

Erm, somebody gave me a copy of the soundtrack CD.

Bu seriously folks - as I mentioned to Hoops, I'm about to do some oil-line trickery myself - not sure about this PTFE tape business. Is it *really* necessary? (On pressure sensors...)

Regds,

Myles

If you havnt used PTFE and you've been leak-free, you've been very lucky! Pipe-threads need either PTFE tape or some sort of sealing compound. I always use PTFE tape because it ALWAYS seals, makes tightening easier, makes dissassembling easier and I steal it from work for free. And I like to watch people try to use it as sticky tape. And remember not to over-tighten fittings. As my grandad used to say "bugger the bloody digestives, wheres me butterscotch angel delight". And "if you leave fittings a bit slack, you can tighten them if they leak"...... *idea*