Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VAUXHALL HPC WITH CARBS

Greg Park

Greg... I may well have a car that will interest you. Its a HPC, VX2000, 190bhp+ ex race car, originally built by Caterham as race car as new 1991, it was then made road legal and raced in 750 series. I purchased it about 5 years ago as a track/road car, but have done very little with it... ran it last weekend at basingbourne track day. Paint work is a bit tatty, engine rock solid and pulls like a train. I am selling because bikes have become more my thing... its going cheap... come and make me an offer... based in Thame just off M40. Drop me an email and your number if you want to discuss further.

David

Seems like the good weather is prolonging my search for an HPC !!!

So if you've got an HPC that you're thinking of selling later this year, but you're enjoying blatting too much at present, let me know and maybe we can come to an agreement.

The search goes on..........HPC, CARBS, CYCLES and COMP EXHAUST.

Parky

• 2 weeks later...

Arnie,

Is that the same car that has a 'cat sick brown' interior and shag pile carpets?

Seriously 235bhp sounds great for a weekend toy, but not for a car I want o be be able to drive everyday.

Captain Chaos,

Have spoken with Rob about his car, it is certainly 1st port of call for anyone who wants clamshells, but I'm after cycle myself and the cost of doing a proper job to reskin rather than plug the holes just doesn't seem worth the time and money.

Thanks

Parky

Greg,

A 235 is no less drivable than the 175bhp version, more so, this car has a more modern MBE ECU and can be easily upgraded to include a throttle position sensor - this will make drivability better than a 175.

That said, if you want it as a 175bhp car, I have a spare low mileage std head, the correct ignition map, and £1000 off the price.

If you are looking for a comfortable interior for everyday driving this carhas the very best - even a carpeted and piped boot!

'cat sick brown' interior and shag pile carpets is mearly the bigamist views of the community otherwise known as Aves and Count. On seeing it, they have actually been rather impressed.

You need pictures - ask me to send some....

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

Edited by - Fat Arnie on 21 Aug 2003 15:22:44

I have a Vx 2.0 HPC which I was thinking of selling. The car was factory built in 1997 (P) to the following spec costing over 25000.00

B R Green + Yellow anniv stripe

Limited slip diff

Carbs (45)

Immobiliser

Competition exhaust (7" Vx Race)

Seat belts (4 Point)

Leather seats

Hood bag + all wet gear

FIA Roll bar + Another removeable bar across pass seat ?

Momo 260mm Suede Steering wheel

Bilstein damper adjustable seat

Wide track

'7' Grill

Big brakes

Brake proportioning valve

Heater

Cycle wings

HPC 15" Wheels + 13" Minolite wheels

Standard Engine

Quick rack

JPE Screen ( But still got the full screen in box)

Half doors ( But still got full doors in same box)

There are more bits, and the car is very, very clean and with 8700 miles.

I dont really know how much my car is worth 🤔 (any advice) But open to offers

Mark

Edited by - Skid on 21 Aug 2003 20:53:23