Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

tonneau press studs

scooby dooby doo

I had a press stud on the tonneau come off. i replaced it with much hammering and it came off after a few uses. i tried again with less hammering and it lasted even less time. do i just need to give them a really severe battery with the little tool thing to get them to stay attached 🤔

hammer is a carpenters claw hammer thing. severe battering with a dozen lusty one handed blows. but not so lusty i feared for my fingers holding the funky tool in place. i had the base of the tool on a bloack of wood on a concrete floor.

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

I've found that fastening the Caterham supplied tool to a 'G' clamp works a treat. I cut down the bit one normally hits wiv de 'ammer and used plastic metal to glue it to the thread end and glued the anvil part to the fixed end. Make sure the 'G' clamp is one with a square thread and simple hand torque will give the reuired clamping force.

Works for me 😬

BRG SV 😬 It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Like all tools the trick is to line it up properly and then make sure that you hit it home well. The female should then give a little and a lasting bond should form *wink*

Cheers Rupe

Click here p21 to see pics of my 7 on a Sri Lankan beach *cool*

not really doable - i work in central london. i live near central london. it takes about 60 to get anywhere in london at the weekend - in traffic ☹️

I'd rather know how to do it myself - much cheaper, easier, more convenient and satisfying...

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R

I use a small tool I bought from a sewing shop for press studs. It works OK to splay the fastener to start with and I then use a punch to finish it off. I haven't had one come off yet, buty I am sure using the proper tool would do a neater job.

Michael.