Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Plumbing in a Mocal catch-tank

james fillingham

I have my new shiny Mocal catch tank and now need to fit it. Not quite as straightforward as I thought....

The pipework from the top of the oil swirl pot is 5/16" (uses fuel line). The input and output from the catch tank are both 1/2". This suggests I need a 1/2" to 5/15" connector and some extra 1/2" line. I spoke to Burton Power who supplied the catchtank and they don't do the connector as standard (need to get one specially made - not cheap). They seemed to think it was tricky/unusual.

Lots of us seem to have these catchtanks, so how have you managed? Am I missing something obvious? (I am not the worlds foremost engineer as you probably guess, so all ideas gratefully received).

James

Talk to Think Automotive as they can supply the 5/16" connector you need that will replace the standard 1/2" one. They are not much money.

You might also want to consider getting a 1/2" blanking plug for the other inlet and let the breathable cap do it's job, or get a sealed cap, and run another hose from the second inlet to under the car somewhere.

Breathable cap works, but has a habit of depositing small amounts of oil outside of the tank under normal use, in my experience

Think are on 020 8568 1172

SteveP

Edited by - SteveP on 14 Jul 2003 09:33:40

Forgot to add, Think can also supply the 5/16" to 1/2" connector if you want to go that route instead. Dunno what Burton were on about, I've got one and again, not expensive

SteveP

Edited by - SteveP on 14 Jul 2003 09:35:00