Click here if you are having website access problems ×

loss of text in user/pw error trap

anthonym

we lose everything we have typed if after entering username and password and then perhaps much thought out type, there is an error in said username and password. When posting replies.

Perhaps not a bug, but leads to much oh bu**er !

Anthony

what's the username remembrance got to do with the text? I'm complaining about when the username remember box had not been ticked... is my point. This way future new people won't have to suffer the exasperation before discovering the point you have mentioned.

Put it this way: knowing a work-around doesn't mean there isn't a negative feature..

Edited by - anthonym on 16 Jul 2003 01:58:06

Anthony,

I've just tested this by adding a username password combination which doesn't exist, and I got the error message. I followed the instruction to use the browser's 'back' button, and all my text was still there.

Just in case there are subtle differences, which operating system and browser versions are you using?

Barry

aha. Two things: (1)I've wondered sometimes if it has been my imagination (2) but I don't think losing my text is my imagination - or whether I have pressed some other combination .. (3) yes def could be an os thing as I am using Macintoch OSX and two different browsers (randomly) 1st is Explorer for MAC osx and 2nd is Apple's Safari for Mac. Both are latest version.

following hoopy's comment, maybe a reminder in some relevant spot is all would be needed to help sufferers from this condition.

later: of course, the point where is the instruction to press the back button would be ideal to have an "if you lose your text" or whatever.

thanks for a wonderful place .

Edited by - anthonym on 16 Jul 2003 09:07:32

Edited by - anthonym on 16 Jul 2003 09:07:58