Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rover 216 Cabriolet - possible donor or fixer uper

caseyc

Right - for years now I have owned a Rover 216 Cabriolet, P reg, with around 22k miles on the clock. It was the only thing I got out of my ex wife when we split - but before she handed it over she managed to get the paintwork laquer screwed up (bleach she said :S)

Anyways - it has sat on my driveway for errrr..... well near 5 years, doing nothing - I've started it a few times, and the engine has ran just fine. It's in pretty good condition, expect for the paintwork and the hood (which is a bit tatty and the motor is busted)...... inside theres a few marks on the upholstery - but it aint too bad.

I always promised myself I would do the work to get it running again, but I never got around to it, and now don't have the time/inclination/etc etc

I have no idea what its worth - but the idea occured to me that as an engine donor it's 1.6 K Series might suit a Caterham perfectly...... alternatively as there are mechanically/bodywork minded people on here that it might also be a simple task for someone to make it a usable car again (I'm neither, I only drive cars, and the quotes I got of £1500 to fix it up a while back were a bit steep - if you did it yourself I'm sure it would cost a fraction of that)

So..... as a wierd idea..... anyone want to make me a half realistic offer on it? Has to be worth a few quid.... really stupid offers will make me laugh, stupid offers will get serious consideration just to get rid off it from my driveway, and should any millionaire have a bucket load of cash they dont need, then I wouldn't say no either.......

Email me on casey@multigem.co.uk as I rarely read here.....