Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Tillet adjustable runners - slop

Myles

Drivers seat has adjustable runners for the Tillets.

All was fine until relatively recently (and we're talking all of, oooh, 6-7 weeks ownership now).

Under *heavy* deceleration (CR500s 😬), the seat slops forward. Probably only 1/4 of an inch (or less) - but you feel it take up some slack.

How much hassle/cost is it to replace the adjustable runners with static ones? I don't really want to drill the floor if possible...

Or are there any other (sensible) solutions?

regds,

Myles

Myles,i was shown some fixed seat brackets at cat midlands, they were fabricated from 25mm sqare ali whith lots of slots, think they would still require drilling floor though,and looked like a bit of a job to get perfect position, beleive they are a caterham race part.

LOL. Unstuck..!! 😬

Possibly... erk... probably because I'm a fat knacker mine actually snapped. Lost nearly a dozen on the driver's side.

Since then I have been on the lookout for a pair of seats that can be secured using the front chassis member (under your knees) and something which supports the back of the seat. I rather like your seat brackets. Intriguing design.

What are the little brackets for which poke out of the rear bulkhead at floor level? Some people claim they're for extra harnesses. Seems a perfect place to mount the rear of the seat.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Might just be the bolts through the floor. try tightening them first from underneath. If it is just a small amount of movement it is probably just that.

Richard in France

Duratec engine built, bright yellow chassis finished, internal kevlar/carbon panels fitted, SVA booked for 19 Aug. 😬 *thumbup* 😬 😬.