Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

R500 wiring

Martin Ray

I have done this recently and had help from others. It is fairly straightforward. You can poisition the bits on the scuttle fix with velcro and then plug everything in.

You end up with a big bundle going down the rh engine bay cross brace. I found it ieasier to remove the trumpets and back plate to do this.

Things that are not obvious are the temp senders (oil and water) which you just guess and change when you run the engine up. And all the things that go nowhere.

I have a couple of pics from someone else that I used for reference. Would you like them emailed?

Also any specific questions pls ask.

Graham

Graham, Thanks for the reply.

With a bit of help from Ar*****ar (I live near Bicester!) I have got everything connected up now - including figuring out where to put the sensors (I think).

I just tried to turn it over (to get oil pressure)but to with no success. The horns work so the system is earthed etc.

If you ahve any ideas I would welcome them (I have made sure the battery master switch is in the right position, the Stack comes alive when i turn the ignition and so on.)

Ideas by email (mray@concoursgroup.com) or mobile 07887 681493!