Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Vx thermostat

amc

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a compatible part or reasonably priced source for a lower temp-rated thermostat for the XE than the stock 90ish one? There must be a compatible part, in the way there are a few that'll fit the K from 70-90.

Ta,

Andy.

SBD do them but they're not cheap, rated at 71 degC. I think they had to get them specially made hence the price. Can't find the thermostats on their web page but contact details are there: www.sbdev.co.uk or phone them on 0208 391 0121.

Just got back from a shakedown run having fitted an 82Deg C thermostat. As advised above from a Calibra Turbo, £18 from local Vauxhall dealer.

What a difference, why this is not more widely known I don't know. I've struggled with all sorts of things to get the cooling system to behave in a sensible fashion and had been advised by more than one person who I've regarded as knowledgable in this area that a suitable alternative thermostat did not exist.

Temperature now seems to be locked in to 85 degrees, brilliant. Now all I have to do is get the oil temperature sensor to behave.