Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

which panels to armourfend?

RiF

Seems that the choice has recently changed! Nothing is simple!

Was: small side panel and side sill panel

Now: Full side panel AND sill

Price up with it too.

Was intending to do:

bonnet rear 1/4 panel

bonnet strips

front wheel arch

rear wheel arch

Does anyone recommend nose (upper and lower) and the full side panel?

Thanks

Richard in France

Duratec engine built, bright yellow chassis finished, kevlar/carbon panels fitted, now just waiting for last few parts 😬 *thumbup* 😬 😬.

they still do the std side pannel and the side sill... the full side panel is exactly what is says, the FULL side..

call them and speak to Matt.. the full side panel was made upon request from a customer but Matts oponion to me was this is overkill...

Side panel (aprox 4"x36") running along the forward-lower edge of hte car and side sill (elbow area) along with the both noze bits and wing doglegs.... all that will cost about the same as CC charge for doing just the wings *eek*

Chris

'Im a very delicate creature' said Ermintrude

'Delicate.. you about as delicate as a Roman 0rgy' replied Dougall

See my CAR here

I had these areas done on mine :- bonnet quarter panels, top and bottom of nosecone, lower sills (ie full length but about 5 inches high), door aperture and wing doglegs around the stoneguards.

Including L7C discount and VAT and fitting it cost (ISTR) £285 or thereabouts

It has been excellent, the bottom of the rear wings where the armourfend doesnt reach has been peppered by stones but the rest of the car is spotless.

My only criticism is that the door aperture panel isnt quite big enough and therefore the front corner of the doors rub on the paintwork and also on the side of the scuttle. For now I have fixed these with the cheapish paint film from Halfrauds but it is nowhere near as good as Armourfend.

I have to go back to get my bonnet and nose re-done following my recent bout of stupidity (see second link below) and I'm going to discuss the door aperture and scuttle panels with them then

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport

I dont believe in Fate, but I do believe in Sh*t, because Sh*t happens - here and here

Thanks to you all.

Have booked it in with the full side panel to be done after your comments Steve. Seems that I won't need the sill as this is in the full panel after speaking to Armourfend installers. Well a small reduction in price but still more than they originally quoted.

Will ask re the door area too Nick and as i have only self tappered the stone protectors in place I hope they will cover all the areas on the rear wings.

Richard in France

Duratec engine built, bright yellow chassis finished, kevlar/carbon panels fitted, now just waiting for last few parts 😬 *thumbup* 😬 😬.

Well I have been ordering and then sending various panels back all due to Armourfend re-naming panels !!

Old Side panel now the Side sill

New side panels are what they say and are masive and expensive

Small side panels are now the entrance appature

Just get the latest diagram *thumbup*

R300 NUT

Edited by - Bafty Crastard on 10 Jul 2003 12:33:05

Bafty,

It is very confusing, I have to agree. They sent me a new diagram but it still required a call to their installers to find which ones go with which *confused*

Richard in France