Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New Yokohama Tyres at £cost +10%

Bob Corb

I have a contact at Yokohama UK who can sell us tyres at cost, maybe cheaper even if we get a large order. The cost works out roughly at 2/3 the retail price. Please let me know (by posting here) what sizes are required and I'll try to arrange something.

Cheers

BC

Two 185/60/13 and Two 205/60/13 AO32R's please as soon as possible if the price is really cheaper than George Polley who seems to sell them close to cost. Maybe the club could place a bulk order if some one has some storage space then we could buy them from the club as we need them and not have to wait when Yoko UK or GP run out.

I'm not doing this for personal gain, I just thought I'd try to help out, I don't want to put George Pooley out of business. If I can get the tyres they can either be picked up from the Silverstone area or I can courier them quite easily as business post is next door to my work.

Cheers

BC

Sorry to have lead you along, I spoke to my contact today and unfortunately George Poolley has sole vendor rights on 032's and 021's now. I can only get road spec tyres (AVS, A539 etc). I was quoted for a set of 032's only a month ago so this agreement must have only just come into play. If any of you would like tyres for your other car (or even van ) I'd be glad to help out. I can definitley get these tyres (I've just got some A539's recently for myself).

Best regards (feeling like a useless b******d)

BC

Thanks for being so understanding, I heard that Demon Thieves get there Yoko's from GP and thats why they're so expensive. Apparently Yoko UK gave GP the agreement because he is by far the largest vendor of them. I can get GP's details via Yoko and also find out the price he pays (is this a bit cheeky???) so we can get a bit more haggling ammo. It's not over yet!!

BC