Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Triple pass rad's WOW thier great

Weirdy

Well after all the talks on here about over heating, Hyperion fitted a triple pass RAdiator for em and a super big high powered FAN :-) most of the over heating problems are sorted... BUT and yes thier is always a but.... the rad temp guage is well irratic and now needs replacing, it was the only part not changed with the RAD. and this is one for you all to be aware of, the fan is so powerfull it blew the 20 amp fuse and the 25 amp fuse and just copes with a 30 amp...... and when you think the small RAD and fan I had before was a 15amp!!!!!!!!!

well of to Caterham in Dartford this afternoon to get some supplies.....

cheers

Weirdy

One Happy SV VHPD speeding Monster

OK, I think a relay may be a good idea, but thats not effected the car at present.

The 30 Amp is the only fuse not to have blown, so I am staying with it.

A radical cooling solution was required as the whole engine was over heating and it would have stuffed the whole thing long term.....

Its a VHPD, anyone with out a triple pass on a VHPD must have similar heating problems on hot days when driving in the 5k to 7750k rev range.....

The radiator was 250 ish.... and I had Hyperion do all the work, including a new sump, (got holed on a cats eye) and it was just over a grand inc VAT.

Thanks for you comments

Weirdy

One Happy SV VHPD speeding Monster