Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Caterham beater,,,,well its past a fair few

Harvsurrey

SEI wide, full winter rebuild this year, including upgrade to Dunnell 225bhp zetec.

New BGH close ratio heavy duty gearbox. New Avo shocks, New Techcraft silencer.

Spec includes RAC rollbar; race seats trimmed in velour, 4 point harnesses.Vdo instruments including a 10,000rpm rev counter Racetec water temp and oil pressure gauges.

Compomotive evo1 alloys with Yokohama 032R tyres.Second set of 13” minilights with slicks, also 3rd set of rimstock 5 spoke’s with new Avon CR322’s.

3d mapped Dunnell ecu, ported head, Dunnell cams, Dunnell vernier pullies, ARP rod bolts, Webber 45 carbs. in fact to build this engine would cost in excess of 6.5k +vat

This car has aero screens for track use and full windscreen and weather gear for the road, including side screens.

Pictures can be seen at http://www.bookatrack.com/-pg?1735. I have pics of the car with the screen on also and without the chequers which are just stickers and are removable.

£10,995 ono

Call Harvey on 07932 062 465. or mail Harveynott@blueyonder.co.uk

Pah ........seem to remeber you 2 not being seen for dust once i was on decent tyres and stopped break testing darren......................................you should try keeping up now,especially since its been on Donkeys nice digital corner weights.

And you dare tell'em how many pieces of concreete had to go in the seat to give the driver weight....... 😳

do you recon caterhams handel better mate?

I have only driven my fiends westfield pre lit, and that sure handled better tham my wide body, (and mine has had almost 1000 pounds in shocks/unsprun weight reduction and setup)

Just curious for anyone who has ACTUALY driven both, no opinions please

Ok here goes....................i have driven both,many of each,the noticeable difference between the 2 is the much sharper turn in on a WELL set up caterham as opposed to a WELL set up westy.

I have driven both types of car that handle like crap as well ,so it all depends if a) you understand how to set a car up and get it done correctly................and b) how you drive them because the lighter weight ,of a 7esq car means you need to be slightly more agressive to load up the suspension than you do in a saloon.

So all in all yes a caterham CAN handle better as it feels slightly sharper............but drive a very well sorted westy and alot of people can't tell the diff between the 2.

Edited by - harvsurrey on 4 Jul 2003 09:21:04