Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

xflow ignition

Peter R Shaw

Peter, If you opt for the Lucas competition ignition pack (which you just fit and forget, instead of the more expensive 3D and programmable systems) you have to buy the complete set-up, which comprises of the amplifier (black) box, special high performance coil, the magnetronic distributor complete with cap and the leads between the black box,coil and distributor. Burtons will sell you a complete kit, for somewhere in the region of £200 - 250. Mine has been very reliable except that the engine died recently and I could not find the fault until i talked to the guy who makes these up for Lucas. It is essential to use a Lucas DRB192 rotor arm. The Intermotor part my system came with looked as new when it failed, but was the cause of my stoppage and simply was not up to the job. Also If you fit the System yourself it is absolutely essential to ensure the black box is well earthed because if it isn't, it will ruin the amplifier instantly. i have double earthed mine to the chassis.

Also note that on a Xflow two of the connections coming from the amplifier are redundant.