Click here if you are having website access problems ×

My mouth hurts

rossybee

I was at the dental hospital yesterday (cheapskate)

Got bone removed from my jaw & placed into a cavity where a titanium implant will be screwed.

(Should make me lighter for blatting 😬)

Day off school today 😬

In addition to the bone scrapings, apparently they added bone substitute from cows....

Moooooove over!!!

Ross

Very Black 6spd SuperSport *wink*

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have my sympathy, keep hittingthe painkillers.

I had my two lower wisdom teeth removed last year at Liverpool Dental Hospital (scousers eh, nick anything they will *eek*) and it was not fun.

I ended up taking twice the recommended dosage of Nurofen Plus. Which is safe by the way

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

Hope you feel better soon - are you sure you're not the bionic man?

Had two wisdom teeth out when a student and I'm not entirely sure the man was a dentist despite what his badge said. After some X-rays he basically went at my mouth with a pair of liers that looked like thay had come out of my well used tool bag. He planted his foot on the chair near my head and pulled like hell.

Suffice to say I spent the next week bleeding alot and hitting the pain killers.

I like this thread, my arch enemy in pain, what a nice thought for me 😳

Only kidding *wink* 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

The weekend before I had one of my wisdom teeth out I drank loads of vodka, that certainly dulled the pain but sitting in the dentist's chair with a thumping head was no fun ☹️ He got his nurse to hold my head down as my neck muscles were no match for his tooth pulling power *eek*

Paul

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll, here goes:

Firstly, Paul, I'm in agony, which will please you..... Big Tam will have to go some to better this 😬 *eek*

Yesterday, I was meant to get my implant but once they had cut me open, realised there was insufficient bone there, hence the transplant....

About 10 yrs ago I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed (under general anaesthetic - thank god) and my face swole up like a character from Bo! Selecta ☹️

Now, though, I am currently sporting a lop-sided version, and I'm scared to take out me pedal car 'cos it hurts when I smile...

But hey, looking on the bright side, according to the dentist, this would've cost me at least £2000!!!

I'm a true Scotsman at heart 😬 *thumbup* imagine goin' thru this sh!t & being 2k lighter into the bargain....

Ross

Very Black 6spd SuperSport *wink*

Rossybee - Sorry to hear you're down in the mouth, hope you feel better soon.

If it hurts to eat - that'll meke you lighter for blatting too *thumbup*

Wonder if you could get your jaw wired shut on the NHS to improve the power to weight ratio? Cheaper than carbon bits 😬

Ross

Mark will be thinking you've been hiding a crunchy meat pie all this time in your car gallery

Hhhhmmm pie

Hope the pain is decreasing *wink*

Paul

If ya' can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all. Thumper

Rossybee - confused by ref to Big Tam *confused* I'm quite small (ish) and have never had any dental work so couldn't possibly know what agony you're in ☹️

Hope it gets better soon......