Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sikaflex / Wurth Zebra

Frying Pan

All

Could anyone tell me the exact spec for Sikaflex / Wurth Zebra I will need to bond the cycle wings to the stays instead of using the nuts and bolts. The boltless look is much neater, and carries smaller risk of damaging the fibreglass. I presume I can also use this to bond the numberplate to the nose.

I've been Googling, and there are several different Sikaflex options to choose from. Same with Wurth.

Also, where am I likely to be able to buy this stuff - haven't found a supplier who sells by the tube (I presume one will be enough) so far.

Cheers

7HeavenSoon

Edited by - 7heavensoon on 30 Jun 2003 21:56:30

Best places are a body shop or a windscreen replacement place. Body shops use it to stick all sorts of things on from spoilers on max power novas to wings on tin tops. Windscreen places use it to bond in the latest type of windscreens.

The body shop I use call it Tigerseal, just another brandname. I think the last time someone quoted a sikaflex number it was 221, on the sikaflex webpage for bonding gutters to caravans or similar. I've also used loctite 3951 adhesive and 7251 activator.

Chelspeed

Many thanks for the response. I'll have to pay a visit to AutoGlass or similar before too long and beg a tube. I found one place that does it for £14 a tube - Merlin Motorsport based at Castle Combe which is not too far from me (Banbury).

Failing that, I might try a local caravan centre (just hope no-one spots me going in *biggrin*).

Cheers

7HeavenSoon

• Leadership Team

Try "Valco HV350" adhesive, available from Demon Tweeks - less than £5 per tube if I recall correctly. Just done the Oulton track day and wings are still perfectly intact.

Stu.