Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Suspension Settings

Gridgway

I thought I could see that my front wheels have different camber settings. I measured them in a rough and ready way (Spirit level, ruler and a calculator). Also I can see by the threads on the upper wishbone where the camber is adjusted that it is different. By my crude measuring, one side is 1.9 degrees and the other is 2.6 degrees neg camber. Is this a problem?

I have also noted that the car pulls to the right under WOT. This is noticeable with ACB10s on, but much less (or not at all) with CR500s. Are the two things likely to be related, or is the pulling to one side likely to be more to do with something at the back?

Graham

they are brand new ACB10s. Unfortunately they are on the wrong way round with all the product code number things to the outside (owing to the incompetence of the tyre fitter and my incorrect assumption that being a tyre fitter at track days fitting ACB10s, CR500s and yokos to Elises, he weould be competent).

Not sure if that could be responsible for pulling to the right effect.

Graham

the flat floor setup is a little way off measured using the PC method with me in the driver's seat. However I noticed the effect both with me driving and me passengering at Castle Coombe yesterday. As a passenger the drivers were all ickle (ie 13-15 yr olds) which would even up the flat flooring. I think it would have to be way off to account for the pulling though.

Graham

(Non adjustable platforms at the moment, so need to change those and re-flat-floor).