Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

SLR Refurbishment

colin5577

Who is the best crowd/person out there to carry out work on an SLR? I've just bought it, but have not yet seen it. By the sound of things the car needs some minor repairs and cosmetics - including paintwork. As the car will be visiting the Nurburgring, where SLRs tend to get very breathless - any suggestions on a fix would be appreciated. Especially if it can be carried out by the same crowd recommended to do the cosmetics/repairs.

In essence, I'm looking for the best one-stop-shop out there for K-series cars. Any suggestions?

Edited by - colin5577 on 29 Jun 2003 15:43:08

Edited by - colin5577 on 29 Jun 2003 15:43:19

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the best person is Clive Denham at Aryliam Racing. He goes over to the "Ring" several times a year taking SLR and R500's. Therefore he should know what hes talking about. He also carried out a complete refurb on my SLR racecar.

Clive's number is 01923 269306

Good luck,

Steve Bennett

You could try Andy McMillan - currently provides mechanical support for all Graduates, Super Graduates (A&B - Rover K engines) at race meetings, based at workshops at Bruntingthorpe (track testing facilities on the doorstep). *cool*

Plus (i'm pretty positive) that he built (and ran the pitcrew) for the 24hr Nurburgring Caterham last year.