Click here if you are having website access problems ×

rolling road for x flow

robin brackett

• Area Representative

I took my last X Flow running on Webers to Aldon Automotive in Brierley Hill near Dudley and they did a decent job setting it up. It went in like an absolute dog and was pretty much setup and running as it did when I first had it when new. Can't remember the charge but it was probably around £100 for the afternoon's work and there's a decent cafe down the road to read the paper and have a good fry up 😬 whilst you wait!

They have worked on all manner of engines and IIRC it was their dizzy conversion that Caterham used for the electronic ignition units on the XFlow engines.

Not sure about the distance from Milton Keynes but there website is here.

HTH

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

mine is at one as i type, reccomended and used by an excelent engine builder, i hope to get mine back this saturday ill post you the results and if any good the address.

hes suppossed to be a perfectionist, so far hes squeezed another 30bhp from mine and working on a flat spot, mad about webbers

There is an expert on Xflow set up on a rolling road at Marshalls (CITROEN dealership as i recall) in Cambridge. The last time I went there he managed to "find" about 18 missing horsepower by rejetting the carbs/ altering the timing etc. He takes a power reading before starting work so you can see the improvement. He likes you to give hi a hand by taking the car through the gears, so its interesting to be doing a 100 mph while sitting in the car chained down in a workshop. if those rollers jammed, i would've gone through the wall into the show room and onto the street, no trouble and the noise was unbelievable! It brought a fair proportion of the passing population of Cambridge to the door of the workshop to see what was going on. The guy was tuning a BDA engine in a single seater before doing mine so he is obviously popular with Ford based engine users

The expert at Marshalls in Cambridge was Peter Baldwin (top Mini Racer). He has moved on from Marshalls and has his own rollers. I don't have his number to hand but if you email me I will dig it out.

Chris....

H15 SVN Get it !

Peter Baldwin is at a graage in Wimpole in Cambs - the best at setting up webers - when you can get him off the 'phone !! - Top Bloke - I always went to Peter when I was running carbs.

OR

Try Trevor Shaw at Shaw & Upton in Daventry - I was there today - to do some mapping - also top bloke !

Telephone No's are

Peter Baldwin 01223 207217

Trevor Shaw 01327 705110

My suggestion is if you want perfection go to Peter, if you want close to perfection go to Trevor

CLP

robin, i havnt got mine back yet but i have a full report on what he has found, my 7 has had a flat spot for a number of years according to the rolling road reports that came with the history of it, this is my second attempt at rolling road cure i have tried, the first ones were more into mapping ecus than carbs to be fair.

the chap who has got it at the moment has had it of and on the rollers for the last 3 days refusing to let the problemb beat him in the end he found that one of the carbs had had two of the jets drilled out {there are 32 inside them} but the other carb hadnt, he has tried the jets from another carb and hey presto one sweet engine with 31 more bhp.

the company is high tec mtr sport from dudley, the mans name is mick mobley if you need his number i could find out for you drop me an e.mail.