Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WANTED - Crossflow Crankshaft

Ade Ray

I need a cast iron crankshaft for a crossflow (711-AE)but it must be in top nick

The dream team spec:

Standard size for cap and pin journals

Double dowelled

With bearing in and in working order

No rust

Not out of a damaged engine ( ie from a car that has gone to steel internals)

tuftrided and lapped

I will pay good money for one such as this

I would also be interested in cranks that are one size under and not double dowelled at the appropriate price but I need the other specs.

Hope you can help

Ade Ray *smile*

Hi Steve

No, I,ve not spoken to Rory. If I do not get myself sorted via this route then I will speak to Simon and perhaps ask him to have a word.

Hi Peter

I believe that I am. When Mr King upgraded Simon's 1600 XFlow to it's current spec, there were no changes to the crank other than double dowling and tuftriding. This is according to the notes that came back with Simon's engine.

Ade *smile*

I have a new tuftrided crank ready to go.. not double dowelled though.. this is very very easy as the hole is there I think..

The last price on Ford cranks from Burtons was about 400 squid!

david

Hi dt

Has the crank been lapped yet? I only ask from bitter experience as one of the cranks that I acquired had been tuftrided and then left resulting in rust forming under the tuftriding due to the salts in the process and thereby rendering the crank unusable.

You are right, new cranks from Burton are expensive which is why I am trying the second hand route. What price do you want for yours? Email if you like for privacy.

Cheers

Ade *smile*

Hello, Yes it is lapped , and was run for one practice session only... winter rebuild ended with Steel crank and rods!

I'd like 400 pounds please,,

There are no more now..